This RiverWare Release Policy describes a protocol for making new and
modified RiverWare applications available to all licensed users. The key
- All releases of RiverWare are coordinated through the RiverWare developers
group at CU/CADSWES. For information on the next scheduled release, please
contact Edie Zagona,
or call (303) 492-2189.
- Each RiverWare executable has a release version number in the format:
|<x>.<y> patchlevel <z>
- x - major release number, incremented when major functionality is
introduced in the new release.
- y - minor release number, incremented when minor functionality is
introduced into the new release.
- z - patch level number, when present, incremented when bug fixes
are introduced into the last release.
The release version number appears in the title bar of the main RiverWare
workspace or can be printed to the screen when the application is run
with the --version option:
- All RiverWare licensees are notified of new releases via e-mail. RiverWare
User Support will attempt to notify all concerned parties at each licensed
site, but due to changes in personnel and project assignments, we cannot
guarantee that everyone will receive e-mail notification. At the very
least, e-mail will be sent to the contact person at each site to whom
the original license was issued.
- New releases, supporting applications and libraries are available for downloading from our web site.
- Individual RiverWare application users and/or system administrators
are responsible for installing newly released applications on their environment.
CADSWES will not automatically distribute or install copies of the release
on individual machines. There is additional information on Installing
RiverWare in the Installation
Guide (pdf). Further assistance is available from RiverWare
Installation Support, or call (303) 492-2211.
- New features and changes to the RiverWare executable which may impact
existing models are documented in Release Notes. Prior to RiverWare version
2.0, printed Release notes were mailed out to licensees and users. In
the future, release documentation will be included as an item in the Online
- We do not recommended the use of newly released versions in production
without first doing extensive testing. Usually CADSWES developers will ask you to
test new versions of applications before they are released.